The conceptual framework of the project was to provide a contemporary partner to the existing heritage building, enhance its urban setting through an intensified commercial area and generate interesting spaces between the old and the new.


The public and cultural benefit of the project is anchored in the on going use of the site as a nodal retail point within the town of Wingham, from when the first building, a butchers shop, was constructed on the site circa 1911.  The new building reinforces the commercial heritage of the location through the addition of two new business within a modern detached addition to the site.